Ken added this recipe he received from Wolf in the comments. I wanted to share it with everyone.
Pastry Covered Ice Cream Balls
Pastry covered ices cream balls
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 cups high moisture, low fat ice cream
- 6 whole fresh strawberries
- ½ box phyllo dough sheets, thawed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- For each pastry covered ice cream ball:
- Make ahead:
- Shape about ¾ cup ice cream round balls and freeze. (Ice cream that is higher in moisture and low in fat freezes the hardest.)
- Slice fresh strawberries ¼-inch thick
- Place 1 phyllo dough sheet on cutting board. Lightly coat the sheet with melted butter.
- Place another phyllo dough sheet on top. Cut the dough into a square of phyllo dough (about 9-inches).
- Coat the edges of the phyllo dough with melted butter. Place 2 to 3 strawberry slices in the middle of the dough.
- Place the frozen ice cream ball on strawberries. Bring opposite corners of phyllo dough together and squeeze the edges together to form a seal. Repeat with other corners. Freeze solid.
- When ready to bake:
- Preheat CSO oven with no oven racks to Convection Steam at 445°F.
- Place parchment paper on solid pan that comes with the CSO oven. Place desired pastry balls on pan. (Up to 6 balls per batch.) Slide pan on rack position 2. Bake 3 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside.