This risotto is easy to make and goes great with roasted chicken and most any meat.
Author: Steve Anderson
Recipe type: Rice
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from about four ears) or frozen, thawed
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- ½ cup Arborio rice or a medium-grained rice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups (or more) chicken stock or canned broth
- 3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Purée 2 cups corn kernels and blender. Set corn purée aside.
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped shallots and sauté until translucent, about five minutes.
- Mix and rice and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add dry white wine and cook until all liquid is absorbed, about four minutes.
- Add 3 cups chicken stock and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat and boil until rice is thick and creamy, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn purée, remaining 1 cup corn kernels and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Cook rice three minutes. Thin rice with more chicken stock if necessary.
- Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper and serve.